Are you passionate about providing access to the outdoors for all youth? Youth Outside is hiring an Operations Associate who believes in our mission, to ensure that the lived experience of all youth is honored as part of the outdoor experience. We provide grantmaking, capacity-building and training to promote healthy lives and inspire future champions of the planet.
If you’re excited to support people, programs and systems to make a positive impact in the community, we are looking for you! The Operations Associate coordinates, performs, and supports a variety of tasks associated with Youth Outside’s mission. Responsibilities include administrative support of the board of directors; logistical support for programs; grants management support; collaboration on all organizational, operations, and administrative activities and supporting our communications and outreach efforts.
Working collaboratively with the Youth Outside team, and reporting to the Director of Programs, the Operations Associate is responsible for supporting Youth Outside’s operations.
- Coordinate the logistics for all program meetings, including venue rental and catering
- Support with preparation for all program meetings including printing, managing program supplies, and assisting with program set up and take down when applicable.
- Maintain updated calendar of program dates and locations
- Communicate with program participants in a timely manner with any updates or changes to meeting details
Grants Management Support
- Manage the organization’s grant records, which include collecting grant reports, maintaining grant files, coordinating grant payments, generating summaries, and updating grantee contact information
- Support the grantmaking process, including bringing recommendations for streamlining to supervisor, updating application forms, coordination and technical support with Q&A webinars, logistical support with external advisory panel, tracking feedback on LOI process
- Assist with calendaring site visits with grantees
- With direct guidance and supervision, be a part of a team that supports
- The organization’s website content and upgrades on a regular basis
- The organization’s social media efforts to create a more regular presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Integrating key messages and the organization’s branding across all media, including social media posts
- The creation of new marketing materials by, for example, coordinating order logistics with printers
- Manage general office operations
- Draft correspondence and proofread documents for quality control
- Serve as a liaison with our technology vendor, coordinating maintenance and office visits
- Support the Board of Directors by providing timely communications throughout the year
- Coordinate the logistics and assist in the agenda preparation for board committee meetings
- Coordinate the logistics for quarterly board meetings, as well as record, prepare, and distribute board meeting minutes
- Create a draft calendar for meeting dates for the upcoming year
- Update and maintain board member information, and organize and generate onboarding binders for new board members
- Excellent written and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to effectively interact and positively communicate with supporters, grantees, staff, board members, vendors, and the public
- Ability to track, manage, and prioritize effectively while working on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment, and with a broad range of individuals and organizations with diverse interests
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high energy environment
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience in an office setting
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year minimum hands on experience with a non-profit
- Advanced skills preferred with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, and Drive), MS Word, Excel, and the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Experience in youth development, outdoor recreation, environmental stewardship or education is a plus.
- This is a full time, benefited position based in Youth Outside’s Oakland, CA office.
- Moderate noise associated with an open office work environment.
Expected 5% to 10% travel within California.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Operations Associate may be assigned additional duties in support of operations.
The salary range is $45,000-$50,000
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: Kim Moore Bailey, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com with the SUBJECT: Operations Associate
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.