About the Transportation Fund
Field trips give students the chance to experience new learning opportunities and to expand their connection to the broader community. Many low-income schools are unable to provide the funding necessary for field trips, so the Transportation Fund was created to help subsidize the cost of transportation.
The Transportation Fund offers subsidies to low-income schools and youth-serving organizations. To qualify for a Transportation Fund subsidy, the group must:
- Be located in one of the nine Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Sonoma, or Solano);
- Serve students from grades TK-12;
- Require transportation for a science or environmental-based field trip (note: this does not include field trips to for-profit institutions);
- Have 70% FRPM or greater;
- Schedule their field trip during the active school year. Unfortunately, summer field trips are NOT currently eligible;
- Each school year, receive only one subsidy per grade level.
Since its inception in 2012, the Outdoor Trips Fund has:
- Sponsored 337 field trips
- Paid for 499 buses
- Facilitated the participation on field trips of 20,928 students
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.evols.org/transpor...